iCan Bike - Indianapolis
Our organization began in 2007 (under our former name Lose The Training Wheels) and, since then, we have successfully taught approximately 20,000 people with disabilities to ride a conventional two-wheel bicycle. The impact of learning to ride a bicycle independently, and our high level of success in helping people with disabilities accomplish this feat, continues to drive demand for our iCan Bike program.
Approximately 80% of the people who participate in our iCan Bike program ride a two-wheel bicycle independently (at least 75 feet with no assistance) by the end of our five-day program while attending for only 75 minutes each day! The remaining 20% make tremendous progress towards this goal and leave our programs accompanied by family members trained as ‘spotters’ to pick up at home where we leave off!